Friday, July 17, 2009

Helpful Pet Tip - Seizures

If your pet has seizures, ask your vet to test him/her for food allergies. One of my dogs began to have seizures shortly after I brought him home from the shelter. I had my veterinarian perform a comprehensive allergy test (using a blood sample) and discovered that he had many allergies, including chicken and rice, which were both in the food that he was eating.
The company that provided the results from the allergy test also provided a list of foods (canned and dry) and treats that he would be able to eat safely. I switched his food to one of those on the list and he hasn't had another seizure. Food allergies may not always be the cause of seizures, but it is worth investigating.

For more helpful tips such as this, read my new book, Wagging Tales: Every Animal Has a Tale. It contains 32 stories about animals that I have helped as well as 23 other helpful tips that you can implement with your pet immediately. My book can be ordered on Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble.com, Borders.com or through your local independent or regular bookstore.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

At September 23, 2016 at 1:25 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

My three kitties and I would love to find Neato under our tree. Santa, are you listening?? www.petnewsnow.net/best-bark-

 
At October 1, 2018 at 12:22 AM , Blogger Amy Watson said...

Looking for the healthiest, all natural treats for your dog? Take a look at our favorite treats and order healthy treats for your lovable pet. Dog Food Made In Canada

 
At October 3, 2018 at 2:58 AM , Blogger George said...

Only a smiling visitant here to share the love (:, btw great design and style . Best Blue Dog Foods Reviews

 
At November 20, 2018 at 3:16 AM , Blogger Erik Maurer said...

Awesome blog. I enjoyed reading your articles. This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work! the life

 
At October 31, 2020 at 5:14 AM , Blogger lucy taylor said...

Thanks for sharing this Information. Its quite different from other posts.
Best Bully sticks

 
At December 7, 2020 at 5:02 AM , Blogger media said...

hello

 
At December 7, 2020 at 5:06 AM , Blogger media said...

thodiamedia is the best blogging for mobile app and travel app

 
At May 31, 2022 at 11:46 PM , Blogger allergy west said...

Your blog is very valuable which you have shared here about Food Allergy Skin Test I appreciate the efforts which you have put into this blog and also it is a gainful blog for us. Thank you for sharing this here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home